Tuesday, March 7, 2017

VIN VAN: For Adults Only

The Twenty-first Amendment was ratified on December 5, 1933.  Ever since Prohibition was repealed, the States have had a field day.  Each one has it's own set of "wine laws".  

The painting here is that of Bacchus, the god of wine.  Often depicted as a youth or boy.  And as the saying goes: " In one end; out the other."

The backstory on this image is that it was submitted to the "label police" by an Oregon winery and was rejected.  Seems natural functions would offend the wine drinking public.  

The solution was to cover up the offending "member", and thus make the gullible public safe from harmful thoughts. See the amended label below.

Closer to home, my Oregon personalized plate VIN VAN, has been rejected.  While the State issues a "Wine Country" plate, my plate would violate State laws by referring to "alcoholic beverages".  Alas, the misplaced concern for the public running amok because of my VIN VAN plate causing immediate alcoholism in those that might translate VIN as WINE is totally hypocritical.  The plate I had order was a "Wine Country" plate...love those bureaucrats. BTW: The state of Oregon issued me this same VIN VAN plate in 2007 when I started my tour biz, and I drove around debauching people for 6 years!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment