Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Ashland Oregon Wine Country


I got the inspiration for my wine tours while in Beaune, France.  I was a wine tourist looking for a fun and educational visit to the local wineries.

The van left from the Tourist Info center and headed out into the countryside.  The Guide spoke English and shared many insights of the wine culture in Burgundy.

We ended with a stop to a little underground wine cellar that was showcasing some local red wines made by a pair of women winemakers.  What fun it was in that crowded little space with the barrels and the ceiling black with the "Angel's Share"...the vapor from the aging wine.

Today I continue this adventure with my own wine tours of the Bear Creek and Applegate wineries here in Southern Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment